It’s important to make a great impression during an interview. Here are 10 basic tips to show an employer that you’re perfect for the job.
- Dress professionally. Make a little effort to look presentable. It REALLY matters.
- Research the job and company. Try to learn as much about the company and their product and/or services. Read over the job description and make sure you understand it.
- Make eye contact. It shows that you are confident.
- Be interested and excited about the company. Showing a little enthusiasm will go a long way.
- Listen and respond to answers directly. If you need clarification just ask.
- Be prepared to talk about your past and what you have done. They want to know how you will perform in the future so give good examples.
- Be ready to describe your Strengths and Weakness. Be open and honest. No ones perfect.
- Ask questions. At least 2-3 questions will show that you have done your homework and are serious about the job.
- Bring an extra copy of your resume. Always a nice touch and shows you are prepared.
- Know how to answer the dreaded salary question.
The last few things to remember is to send a short thank you email within a few days of the interview. You want to thank the interviewers for their time and stress that you are really interested in the job.
Get your references ready. Contact your references and make sure they are still available. You can send them out this questionnaire so they can be prepared when the phone rings or when they get the email.
photo by myklroventine